Turmeric can sometimes be difficult to add to your recipes, but this chickpea, tahini and turmeric recipe is absolutely packed with nutrition without compromising taste. Chickpeas and tahini are a great source of protein, calcium, fibre, folate (B9) and thiamin (B1). More over, this recipe is so quick to put together, ready to eat within 10 minutes.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed into a paste
- big squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons water, or more
- 1 bunch of broccoli, trimmed
- 2 cups chickpeas (precooked or canned)
- 1 small bunch of chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 cups of arugula
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, first pressed extra virgin
- salt to taste
Vigorously mix the tahini, turmeric, garlic, lemon, and water together in a small bowl. Keep whisking until the mixture thickens and set aside.
Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil and then cook the broccoli until it brightens and becomes a bit tender. This will take just a minute or two and afterwards you can drain using a colander.
After the broccoli is cooked, you can combine the ingredients. In a large bowl gently toss the broccoli, chives, pine nuts, and arugula with the olive oil. Next, season with salt to taste. Finally, use a spoon to generously coat the tahini mixture across a large platter, then serve out the chickpea and broccoli mixture spread out on top of it. That’s it! Enjoy your turmeric chickpeas!
Serves 2 – 3
Prep time: 5 minutes – Cook time: 10 minutes